The Coronavirus has impacted all of us and at Stewart’s Shops, we have implemented many policies to keep our customers and our Partners safe and healthy.
We will continue to safeguard our customers, shops, and partners by practicing proper sanitation and hygiene, which includes diligent hand washing for at least 20 seconds, food prep and customer area surface sanitation, and consistent restroom cleaning. We regularly sanitize pin pads, door handles, coffee pot handles and high touch areas. We have also closed the booths, as required by the Department of Health, and ask that you respect the need for separation between yourself and other customers.
We encourage our customers and Partners to stay home when they are sick and will continue to do everything in our power to prevent the spreading of germs in our shops.
What YOU can do:
Similar to the flu or common cold, the best way to prevent illness is to follow these recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If a tissue is unavailable, cough or sneeze into the bend of the arm, not the hand.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
We’ve experienced a high demand for cleaning supplies and hand sanitizers. We’re working closely with our suppliers to provide you with the products needed.
Our top priority at this point is keeping our customers and Partners healthy and safe. Please be assured we are closely monitoring and following the preventative recommendations outlined by the Center for Disease Control.
*Please note that shop hours may change due to staffing or other issues. The website may not have the most accurate hours posted. If concerned, please call the shop to confirm their business hours. Thank you for your patience and understanding.