What is Non-Ethanol Gas/Ethanol Free Gas?
Non-Ethanol gasoline is a high-quality type of fuel that does not include added ethanol. Ethanol is a form of grain alcohol that is blended together with pure gasoline to be used in motor vehicles. Ethanol is made up of feedstocks that include sugarcane, wheat, corn, barley, other grains, and high starch/sugar crops.
Over 280 Stewart’s Locations are now offering Premium Non-Ethanol Gasoline. Premium Non-Ethanol Gasoline provides better performance and safer operations for classic cars and recreational vehicles such as snowmobiles, boats, and motorcycles, as well as snow blowers, lawnmowers, chainsaws, trimmers, and other similar tools.
Benefits of Using Our Ethanol Free Gas:
- Higher energy content. More energy = More power
- Improved gas mileage (around 3-4%)
- No dependence on ethanol crops
- Significantly much less harm to engines as ethanol attracts water, which can lead to rust on the interior parts of an engine
- Ethanol can increase vapor pressure which can cause vapor lock in a vehicle’s carburetor
- Does not corrode the engine
- Increases expected life on smaller engines
- Less costly to produce
- Uses fewer fossil fuels
- Required for outdoor equipment because small engine equipment is not designed to handle high-ethanol based gasoline
- Preferable for older car engines
- Prevents costly repairs on outdoor power equipment**Always refer to your owner’s manual for the correct fuel to use
Why is Stewart’s Shops Ethanol Free Gas Better?
Many of our competitors and gas chains sell 90 Octane Non-Ethanol gasoline while Stewart’s sells 91 Octane PREMIUM Non-Ethanol. Generally, newer cars are recommended to run on higher octane levels. Our Premium version provides for optimum fuel efficiency, improved mileage performance, and is significantly less harsh on your engine. Fuel up at Stewart’s to give your engine the better gas it deserves and don’t forget to fuel yourself up with coffee, grab & go food, and of course ice cream!!