We recently visited the Hyde Collection in Glens Falls, NY to present a donation of $25,000 that will fund their 2023 educational offerings.
Stewart’s Shops and the Dake Family have been long-time supporters of the arts community and museums and are proud to announce a contribution to the Hyde Collection!
The Hyde, one of the Northeast’s exceptional small art museums, offers yearly educational programs designed to provide enriching opportunities to all guests, from children and families to art enthusiasts of all interests. As lead education sponsors for the season, Stewart’s Shops and The Dake Family are the signature underwriters of the overall programming calendar for 2023.
Kate Wilkins, Director of Development at The Hyde Collection commented, “Our educational programs affirm The Hyde’s commitment to enriching the lives of children of all ages and backgrounds throughout our region, and we are thrilled to celebrate Stewart’s Shops and The Dake Family as champions of these efforts.”
Susan Dake, President of Stewart’s Foundation, said, “Stewart’s Shops is committed to supporting and giving back to all our Shops’ communities. We are proud to be supporting the educational programs at the Hyde Collection which provide opportunities for local children and families to participate in painting and performing arts classes. At Stewarts, we like to say the arts are an important part of all of us!”
Highlights of 2023 programming underwritten by Stewart’s Shops and The Dake Family, which will occur on-site and off, include:
- Artful Afternoons, which invites families with children five and older to examine artwork and engage with materials.
- Art After Hours, which will pair local entertainment with art and leverage community partnerships every third Thursday of the month.
- A performing arts series based around The Hyde’s upcoming exhibition Songs of the Horizon: David Smith, Music, and Dance, featuring partnerships with regional performing arts organizations
- On Screen @ The Hyde: A series of performances streamed live from the National Theatre stage.
- Summer Art Explorations: Summer classes for third to sixth graders where children visit exhibitions and partake in special demonstrations and art making.
- Fashion Lab New York-Upcycle Couture Fashion and Sewing Camp: A summer program for teens focused on art, sustainability, sewing, and fashion inspired by famous paintings of women.
- Creative Play at (g)row for kids, which takes place at (g)row for kids on Exchange Street in Glens Falls, and will allow students to play with different elements of art and create an original piece of art.
- Painting with Patrice: A class led by local artist Patrice Jarvis-Weber in which participants are directed through the creation of acrylic painting.
- Free admission every second Thursday for everyone
About The Hyde Collection:
The Hyde is one of the Northeast’s exceptional small art museums with distinguished European and American art collections. The core collection, acquired by Museum founders Louis and Charlotte Hyde,
includes works by such artists as Sandro Botticelli, El Greco, Rembrandt, Peter Paul Rubens, Edgar Degas, Georges Seurat, Pablo Picasso, and Pierre-Auguste Renoir, and American artists Thomas Eakins, Childe Hassam, Winslow Homer, and James McNeill Whistler. The Museum’s Modern and Contemporary art collection features works by artists including Josef Albers, Dorothy Dehner, Sam Gilliam, Adolph Gottlieb, Grace Hartigan, Ellsworth Kelly, Sol LeWitt, George McNeil, Robert Motherwell, Ben Nicholson, Robert Rauschenberg, and Bridget Riley. Today, The Hyde offers significant national and international exhibitions and a packed schedule of events that help visitors experience art in new ways. Visit www.hydecollection.org
We are Closer to You.