Stewart’s Shops is proud to be participating in the Capital Region Blood Battle, hosted by the American Red Cross.
The Blood Battle is a friendly competition to encourage blood donations and raise awareness in the Capital Region. Six local business are competing, Stewart’s Shops, CDPHP, MVP Healthcare, Living Resources, Albany Medical Hospital and Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Center.
The competition goes until March 18th, but the Stewart’s sponsored collection day is Friday, March 4th at the American Red Cross located at 33 Everett Road, Albany. Although our “official” collection day is Friday, March 4th, from now until the end of the competition, donors at any donation site, any time, can say their donation should count towards the Stewart’s Shops Blood Battle.
The Red Cross of Eastern New York will share a running tally on their social media platforms. The winner will be announced in March as part of Red Cross Month.
The American Red Cross is in the middle of the worst shortage of blood in over a decade. Donating blood takes less than an hour and it will help save someone’s life.
Visit Givingblood.org to learn more.
Did you know?
- *Only 37% of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood.
- *Someone in the United States needs blood every 2 seconds.
- *About 1 in 7 patients who enter a hospital need a blood donation.
- *One pint of blood can save up to three lives
- *Currently, only 10% of people that are eligible to donate blood donate… if you are eligible you can save a life with just an hour of your time.
If a donor is eligible and feeling well, they can make an appointment today by visiting RedCrossBlood.org (sponsor code: bloodbattle), using the Red Cross Blood Donor App or calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
We Are Closer to You!