Stewart’s Shops is proud to be participating in the Capital Region Blood Battle, hosted by the American Red Cross.
The Blood Battle is a friendly competition to encourage blood donations and raise awareness in the Capital Region. Eight local business are competing this year: Stewart’s Shops, Albany Med Health System, Maximus, Price Chopper/Market 32, CDPHP, Lia Auto, MVP Health Care, and Ellis Medicine.
The competition goes until March 29th and the winner will be announced at the Red Cross Fire and Ice Gala on March 31st as part of Red Cross Month.
A running tally will be shared on Red Cross of Eastern New York social media platforms:
• Facebook: American Red Cross Eastern New York
• Twitter: @RedCrossENY
• Instagram: @RedCrossENY
• LinkedIn: American Red Cross Eastern New York
They’re also using the #Capitalbloodbattle23 on posts!
Why is it important to donate blood?
• Only 37% of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood.
• Someone in the United States needs blood and or platelets every 2 seconds.
• About 1 in 7 patients who enter a hospital need a blood donation.
• One pint of blood can save up to three lives.
• Currently, only 10% of people that are eligible to donate blood donate… if you are eligible, you can save a life with just an hour of your time.
Eligible donors with types O, B negative or A negative blood are encouraged to make a Power Red donation at this blood drive.
- Power Red donors give a concentrated dose of red blood cells during a single donation, allowing them to maximize their impact.
- During this type of donation, red blood cells are separated from other blood components, and the plasma and platelets are safely and comfortably returned to the donor.
If a donor is eligible and feeling well, they can make an appointment today by visiting RedCrossBlood.org using the Red Cross Blood Donor App or calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
We Are Closer to You!