At Stewart’s Shops, we love celebrating national days like this! On Sunday, April 2nd it is National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day!
This is a day to celebrate the classic sweet, but savory pair that we all know and love.
We are fans of peanut butter and jelly at Stewart’s Shops! At every Shop, we have our classic hard roll with peanut butter and jelly available for purchase! Eat it as a snack, meal, or just because! Choose between grape and/or strawberry jelly and enjoy the amazing flavor it brings along with the thick and fresh Stewart’s hard roll.
Did You Know?
- Americans eat a LOT of PB&J sandwiches. The average American will eat 1,500 PB&Js before they turn 18!
- PB&Js are usually very healthy! According to Livestrong, a regular PB&J offers 27% of your daily fat and 22% of your calories.
- Bread slicing technology made PB&J popular! The invention of packaged and pre-sliced bread meant kids were able to safely make their own sandwiches!
- PB&J sandwiches were used to feed the troops in military rations during WWII.
- Back in the day, PB&Js were for the upper class. The cost of peanuts was so high in the early 1900s that not everyone could afford to eat anything containing peanuts; especially PB&Js.
It’s Flavor Time!