Happy Earth Day Week! Stewart’s Shops is always looking for sustainable ways to protect our planet. This year alone, we have 6 EV charging stations planned for our shops across New York state. Every day we look to reduce waste and reuse where possible.
We are all in this together!
Did you know?
- 6 tons of cardboard are recycled every single day.
- Stewart’s Shops manufacturing plant has 2,400 individual solar panels on its rooftop. This is the environmental equivalent of taking 80 cars off the road each year each year, learn more here.
- Stewart’s offsets 75% of the power of 17 locations with an offsite solar location in Halfmoon, NY.
- Our new shops and remodeled shops all feature LED lighting.
- To avoid waste, reusable plastic containers including totes, dairy cases, ice cream baskets and bread trays are used.
- We sell a large variety of travel mugs and we encourage their use. Customers can fill their travel mugs for only $1.20/ cup for hot coffee.
- Reusable shopping bags are available in all our shops for .99 cents and we have insulated reusable bags for $2.59.
- We offer plant-based straws. These straws are made from corn and are 100% renewable, BPI certified compostable and they are ASTM compliant. In a composting environment, these straws will completely degrade in less than six months.
- We offer three Tesla Supercharging stations, one at Chestertown shop off exit 25 on I-87, just south of Lake Placid, one in Clinton Corners shop, located on the Taconic Parkway, just north of Poughkeepsie, NY and one in Rutland, VT. And we have 6 more EV charging stations planned this year. (Formal announcement coming soon!)