We pick up milk daily from about 40 local farms near our Dairy. It’s pasteurized and bottled the same day, then it’s out on refrigerated trucks and in our shops’ coolers within 48 hours. If you want fresher milk, you’d have to get a cow!
What else is unique about our milk?
- Our half gallon milk is available in Whole, 2%, Chocolate, and Fat Free Skim, and gallons of Whole, 2%, 1%, and Fat Free!
- Our Fat Free milk is fortified with non-fat milk solids which makes it look and taste more like higher fat milks. This also adds more calcium and vitamins for our customers.
- We make our Chocolate Milk with low-fat milk (1%), and Strawberry Milk with reduced fat milk (2%).
- Our flavored milks come in re-sealable, pint sized recyclable bottles- Cappuccino Milk too!
- We make our own Buttermilk, Eggnog, Dairy Shakes, Half & Half, Heavy Cream, and Lactose Free Milk.
Stewart’s Milk Club Card
Our Milk Club program provides over 1,100,000 FREE ½ gallons of Stewart’s dairy fresh milk, juice, and tea annually. Now you can start getting your FREE milk too!
Here’s how it works:
- Any ½ gallon of Stewart’s milk, juice, or refresher drinks purchased earns you 1 stamp on your card
- Any gallon of Stewart’s milk earns you 2 stamps on your card
- 10 stamps entitles you to a FREE ½ gallon of milk, juice, or drink or ½ priced gallon of milk
- For simplicity reasons, your card is valid only at the shop that stamps it
- For your convenience, the shop can even hold onto your card for you
Stewart’s high quality milk can be found in numerous products that the company carries in its shops. The company, a participant in the ‘Pride of New York’ program, offers milk in whole, 1%, 2%, skim, lactose free, chocolate, strawberry and cappuccino varieties. Other dairy by-products include buttermilk, eggnog, half and half, and heavy cream, as well as our broccoli cheddar and sundried tomato soups. The over 40 varieties of ice cream available at Stewart’s Shops are made daily at their plant in Saratoga, NY.
Interesting Cow Facts
- I am a Holstein, the most common breed of dairy cow in the United States (Jersey cows produce milk with the highest butterfat content).
- I have an acute sense of smell, and can smell something up to 6 miles away.
- I chew at least 50 times per minute and spend 10 hours a day chewing my cud in order to aid in my digestion. Unlike what you think, I release hydrocarbon mostly by burping (Yes, girls burp too!). Cows release some 100 million tons of hydrocarbon annually. 10 Holsteins produce enough gas to heat a small house for one year!
- There are approximately 340-350 squirts from my udder in a gallon of milk.
- I drink approximately 35 gallons of water a day…the equivalent of a bathtub full of water.
- I have four stomachs and 24 teeth. -A cow has four stomachs: the rumen, reticulum, omasum and abomasum. The rumen is the largest stomach and acts as a fermentation chamber. The abomasum is last of the four and is comparable in both structure and function to the human stomach.
- I will produce about 350,000 glasses of milk in my lifetime.
- Premium Eggnog
- Light Eggnog
- Strawberry Milk
- 1% Chocolate Milk
- Whole Milk
- 1% Milk
- 2% Milk
- Skim Milk
- Decaf Iced Coffee Base
- Iced Coffee Base
*All our flavored coffee and international delight flavors are gluten-free.